- To contribute to the advancement of Endosurgery in Asia and to the rest of the world.
- To implement and educate Advanced Laparoscopic surgery procedures to surgeons in Asia.
- To promote safe surgical procedures, patient's safety and best clinical outcome for surgeons in Advanced Laparoscopic surgery.
- To promote and encourage sharing of Endosurgery techniques among members.
A group of key board members met in September 2004 and not long after in April 05, Asia Endosurgery Task Force (AETF) was established by these prominent and skillful board members.
- Prof Seigo Kitano, President
- Dr Michael Li, Vice President
- Dr Cheah Wei Keat, Singapore
- Dr Pradeep Chowbey, India
- Dr Jasmi Ali Yaakub, Malaysia
- Prof Jun-Gi Kim, Korea
- Prof Lee Wei-Jei, Taiwan
- Prof Woo-Jung Lee, Korea
- Dr Narong Lertakayamanee, Thailand
- Dr Davide Lomanto, Singapore
- Prof Paisal Pongchairerks, Thailand
- Dr Barlian Sutedja, Indonesia
- Dr Peter Tung Hiu-Ming, Hong Kong
- Dr Wang Hwei-Ming, Taiwan
- Dr Errawan Wiradisuria, Indonesia
- Dr Yoshiharu Sakai, Japan
- Prof Zheng Min-Hua, China
- Dr kitagawa, Japan
Due to the growing demand of Advanced Endosurgery in Asia, AETF aims to increase the standard of Laparoscopic surgeons in Asia and to educate and train Endoscopic and Laparoscopic procedures for Asian surgeons.
The Beginning . . .
Asia Endosurgery Task Force (AETF) has a mandate to address challenges such as:
Beginning with the selection of active members as trainers; AETF’s has since conducted several discussions to establish its goals and the implementation of advanced Endosurgery procedures.
- Establish most appropriate Endosurgery training system for Asian surgeons
- Promote and encourage cross country sharing of advanced laparoscopic surgical techniques among members
- Organize meetings to discuss educational issues for Endosurgery
- Contribute to the advancement of Endosurgery in Asia and world
- Building of standardized text or training manuals